Authorized Use Policy
Authorized Use Policy
Last Modified: April 01, 2020
- Stat Portals, Inc. (“Stat Portals”) provides access to, and owns, certain cloud-based and digital software, and owns and maintains digital servers, database storage, and cloud-distributed storage, (collectively, the “Products”).
- This Authorized Use Policy (“AUP”) governs your access to and use of the Products. Stat Portals reserves the right to amend, alter, or modify any requirements set forth in this AUP at any time.
- For the purposes of this Agreement, the term “Client Data” shall mean pre-fire plan data, shared training plans, shared documents, or other designated data. You agree that all shared Client Data will comply with any applicable Shared Data Agreement and/or client contract for the software provided by Stat Portals.
- This Agreement is related only to authorized use of Stat Portals’ Products and does not alter or amend any other aspect of any policy or contract between you and Stat Portals.
- By agreeing to the subscriptions agreement and using Stat Portals Products:
- You agree that Stat Portals and the Products that Stat Portals provides are wholly owned by Stat Portals.
- You agree that you own only the Client Data they might share as part of the Shared Data Agreement and/or client contract for the software provided by Stat Portals.
Acceptance of the AUP
- Please read the AUP carefully before you start to use the Products. By using the Products, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by the terms of the AUP. If you do not want to agree to this AUP, you must not access or use the Products.
- By using the Products, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Products.
- You may use the Products only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this AUP. You agree not to use the Products:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which violates the rights of any individual or entity established in any jurisdiction;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Stat Portals, a Stat Portals employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Products, or which, as determined by us, may harm Stat Portals or users of the Products or expose them to liability;
- Use the Products in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Products or interfere with any other party’s use of the Products, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Products;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Products for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any Products traffic or resources available on the Products;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any Products traffic or resources available on the Products or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Products;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other software or material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Products or any server, computer, database, or other resource or element connected to the Products;
- Violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security or integrity of the Products; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Products.
- You agree not to use the Products to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Violates the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations;
- Is likely to deceive any person;
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes, or assists any unlawful act;
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or is likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person; or
- Gives the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Provided
- The information presented on or through the Products is made available solely of increasing interoperability between local fire agencies, by facilitating the sharing of specific Client Data between the local fire agencies through software produced or otherwise provided by Stat Portals. Stat Portals does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Stat Portals disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you to the Products, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- The Products may include information provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, and reporting services. All information, other than the information provided by Stat Portals, is solely the responsibility of the person or entity providing that data. Stat Portals is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the information or accuracy of any data provided by any third parties.
Monitoring and Enforcement
- Stat Portals, in its sole discretion, will determine whether your conduct is in compliance with this AUP. We have the right to:
- Monitor your use of the Products for any purpose in our sole discretion and as we see fit;
- Take any action we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe a user’s conduct violates this AUP, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Products or the public, or could create liability for the Stat Portals;
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Products; or
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Products for any violation of this AUP.
- Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone who accesses or uses the Products. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS STAT PORTALS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY STAT PORTALS DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER STAT PORTALS OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.